Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
Ralph H. Johnson VA Medical Center
- Two VA nurses honored with Palmetto Gold Awards
- The Ralph H. Johnson VA Medical Center congratulates two of our nursing staff members, John Goldizen and Janice Skipper, as recipients of the 2015 Palmetto Gold Award for excellence in the field of nursing.
- Myrtle Beach Expansion Project
- The Myrtle Beach CBOC has been approved for expansion due to tremendous growth. Since 2005, the number of Veterans that the clinic serves has doubled. Today the clinic serves more than 12,000 Veteran patients.
- Center of Innovation: promoting health care equity
- As a nationally funded VHA Center of Innovation (COIN), Charleston’s COIN, called Health Equity and Rural Outreach Innovation Center, is helping to eliminate geographic, racial/ethnic, and gender-based disparities.
- Veterans Job Fair assists hundreds
- Close to 1,000 Veterans and active duty service members turned out March 9 for the Veterans Job Fair and VA Forum held at the North Charleston Convention Center sponsored by the VA and U.S. Senator Tim Scott.
- Dermatology VA-DoD Clinic Opens at Naval Hospital
- The VA and Naval Hospital Beaufort opened a shared Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense Dermatology Clinic at the Naval Hospital Feb. 26 to serve Veterans, service members and military dependents.
- Charleston VA continues to achieve 5-Star rating
- The Ralph H. Johnson VAMC is again rated as a 5-Star facility, the highest possible rating according to VA's SAIL model, one of the top 10% of VA facilities nationwide, and the 6th fastest growing.
- Facility honors Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., welco
- The Charleston VAMC held a special ceremony Jan. 14 to honor the life and accomplishments of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Mayor Joseph P. Riley, the City of Charleston’s longest-serving mayor, was on hand to give remarks.
- Top VA officials visit Charleston VA
- VA Deputy Secretary The Honorable Sloan Gibson and Interim Under Secretary of Health Dr. Carolyn Clancy visited the Charleston VAMC to learn about best practices and get a look at the new Mental Health Research Building.
- Savannah VA art class motivates, encourages Vets
- An art therapy group at the Savannah VA clinic gives Veterans an opportuinity to participate in a creative activity that is Veteran centric and allows each Veteran to participate at their own pace.
- Charleston RN honored with facility’s first DAISY
- Charleston VA proudly partners with The DAISY Foundation in an effort to honor the exceptional, compassionate care delivered by dedicated nurses here and at the community based outpatient clinics throughout the year.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- World War II Vet Says Volunteering Keeps Him Alive
- Ninety-two-year-old Orville Swett, a retired optician, has been volunteering at the VA eye clinic in Daytona Beach for 25 years. His job? Adjusting glasses for Veterans who visit the clinic.
- Dedicated Volunteers Serve Veterans for Decades
- Volunteering: the ultimate exercise in democracy. We may vote in elections once a year, but when we volunteer, we vote every day for the kind of community we want to live in.
- How Occupational Therapy Works for You
- VA's occupational therapists help Veterans participate in the things they want and need to do through the therapeutic use of everyday activities and occupations. Read on to learn how they do it.
- National Public Health Week - Five Days to Health
- Veterans, how many times do you exercise per week? Immunizations up to date? When was the last time you got tested for HIV? Here's VA's “Five Days to Health” challenge to help build a healthier you.
- Goal: Satisfying Sexual Relationship
- Many Veterans struggle with sexuality in their relationships. Two VA psychologists assert that a satisfying sexual relationship strengthens the whole family and it needs to be addressed.
- Winter Clinic World-Leader in Adaptive Sports
- VA's annual National Disabled Veterans Winter Sports Clinic has significantly changed the lives of thousands of disabled Veterans, reminding them of the wonder life still has to offer.
- Rehab Veterans volunteer for four-week lock down
- Unique approach to rehab. At the Topeka VA, a new voluntary alcohol and drug rehab program called 'Fresh Start' requires patients to commit to 30 days of intense therapy in a locked unit.
- Veterans with PTSD Reclaiming Their Lives
- VA is working hard every day to help Veterans with PTSD, from World War II generals to Iraqi conflict corporals. Here are links to resources and courageous stories from Veterans who have been there.
- These Veterans lost a LOT of weight. You can too!
- Hundreds of Veterans of all ages — and shapes — are losing weight every day with VA's MOVE! program and now there's an app to help you join this happy, healthy group. Check it out!
- You Can Make the Most of Your Whole Health
- It's not about what's the matter with you. It's about what matters most to you. There's a link to a form in this story that could help you enhance your overall well-being by focusing on these factors.