Ralph H. Johnson VA Medical Center
Current Operating Status
As of Tuesday, February 20, 2018 11:55 AM EST
Due to reported increased influenza activity in the surrounding communities, the following guidelines are in effect for the safety and health of our Veteran patients, staff and their families until further notice. Patients experiencing flu symptoms, such as fever/chills, runny nose, muscle aches, sore throat, coughing and/or sneezing, are encouraged to call the VA’s Telephone Advice Program (TAP) line at 843-789-6400 or 888-878-6884 prior to presenting in person to the medical center. The phone tier system allows Veterans to receive treatment and prescriptions from medical professionals without face-to-face interaction, which can help reduce the spread of flu. Only Veteran patients and immediate family should visit the medical center; no children under the age of 12 at this time. Wash your hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand cleaner before and after each visit. Cover your cough or sneeze. Masks are available at the medical center's entrances and should be used by those who suspect they may have the flu.
Employees and Veteran patients can stay up-to-date with the most recent medical center and outpatient clinic statuses by visiting the Charleston VAMC website at www.charleston.va.gov or following the medical center on Facebook at VAMCCharleston or on Twitter at CharlestonVAMC.
- Emergency: 911
- Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 (Press 1)
- 24 Hour Nurse: 843-577-5011 or 1-888-878-6884
- Change Your Appointment: 843-577-5011 or 1-888-878-6884
- Media Inquiries: 843-789-7677
- National Veterans Helpline: 1-800-507-4571
- Patient Locator: 843-577-5011 or 1-888-878-6884
- Pharmacy Refill: 843-577-5011 or 1-888-878-6884
- Staff Locator: 843-577-5011 or 1-888-878-6884
- Telephone Care: 1-888-878-6884