Ralph H. Johnson VA Medical Center
Volunteer or Donate
RALPH H. JOHNSON VA MEDICAL CENTER COVID-19 DONATION NEEDS
As we respond to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we recognize that many of our Veteran patients have been (or may be) affected by this unexpected event in unforeseen ways.
We are asking for your assistance and we’ve outlined several ways to help.
In this ever-changing environment, we are doing our best to keep this site current, so please check back frequently for updates.
If you would like to provide an online donation to help with utility payments, food, clothing, shelter and transportation assistance, we accept electronic check and credit card donations. The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs administrative costs are appropriated so donors can be 100% certain their donations will go directly to Veteran patients. To contribute please:
- Click Here
- Click “continue to form”
- Select Charleston-Ralph H. Johnson VA Medical Center and indicate, in the “Program for Donation” drop-down menu, choose VETERAN PATIENT AND FAMILY SUPPORT FUND for General Programming or VA FOOD PANTRY FUND for food pantry donations.
- Voluntary Service
- Ralph H. Johnson VAMC
- 109 Bee Street
**BE SURE TO INDICATE THAT THE SHIPMENT IS FROM YOU SO WE KNOW WHO TO THANK!**
If you prefer to drop off your donations, PLEASE GIVE US A CALL IN ADVANCE so we can meet you outside to collect them: (843) 789-7230.
WHAT WE CAN’T ACCEPT
We are so grateful for the outpouring of community support. However, there are some items we can't accept. These include (but are not necessarily limited to):
- Used clothing
- Used items (with the exception of paperback books)
- Medical equipment
If you have any questions, PLEASE give us a call and we would be happy to address your concerns: (843) 789-7230.
We are so grateful for the generosity of our community partners and organizations. With your help, we have received a sufficient supply of hand-made masks and are no longer seeking these donations.
FOOD FOR HOSPITAL WORKERS
Thank you for your desire to help our front-line personnel. However, we have very specific guidelines in place specific to COVID-19 and food donations. Please give us a call to discuss donation opportunities: (843) 789-7230.
CRITICAL NEEDS LIST
Voluntary Service instituted a Curbside Delivery service to help our most vulnerable, now home-bound Veterans during the COVID-19 pandemic. Donations of Canned Meat (Ham, Chicken, Spam, Salmon, Tuna etc.); Canned and Dried Fruits; Canned Vegetables; Pasta; Rice; Soup; Grains; Hot and Cold Cereal; Meat Chili; Stew; Hash; Peanut Butter; Canned Spaghetti Sauce can be dropped off at the Ralph H. Johnson VA Medical Center. Please call us in advance so we can meet you outside to collect the food items: (843) 789-7230. As an alternative, financial contributions can be made online. Please choose VA FOOD PANTRY FUND when filling out the online donation form as this will ensure your donation is used to purchase these critical items.
HARDWARE TO FACILITATE VIRTUAL PROGRAMMING:
- Smart Whiteboard (*Vibe Interactive 4K Touchscreen Collaboration Smart Whiteboard 55")
- Smart Whiteboard Stand (*Vibe Interactive Stand for 4K Touchscreen Collaboration Smart Whiteboard, White, 55")
- Bath Towels
- Cleaning Supplies - Dish Soap
- Denture Adhesive
- Gas Card - Gift Card - $10 Increment
- Gift Card - "Big Box" Store - $10 Increment Ex: Walmart, Target
- Low-Income CARTA Bus Passes (Can be purchased online: https://www.ridecarta.com/fares-passes)
- Men Shirts (Not T-shirts) - Size Medium
- Mens T-Shirts -Sizes Small – 2XL
- Men's Shoes - Sizes 10-13
- Men's Shower Shoes
- Men’s Sweat Bottoms – Sizes Small - 2XL
- Men’s Underwear – Sizes Small – 2XL
- SAVANNAH 1-Day Bus Passes (Can be purchased online: pass.catchacat.org)
- Sweatpants - Sizes Small-XL
- Women Pants or Sweats - Sizes S-2XL
- Women Short Sleeve Shirts - All sizes
- Women's Sports Bras - All sizes