Ralph H. Johnson VA Medical Center
Volunteer or Donate
RALPH H. JOHNSON VA MEDICAL CENTER COVID-19 DONATION NEEDS
As we respond to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we recognize that many of our Veteran patients have been (or may be) financially affected by this unexpected event. We also have significant need for Personal Protective Equipment for Hospital Operations, and the need for hardware to implement programs which will get our inpatient Veterans virtually connected with friends, family and Whole Health Volunteer Providers.
We are asking for your assistance in helping to close these gaps and we’ve outlined several ways to do this, which includes Financial Contributions and In-Kind Donations.
In this ever-changing environment, we are doing our best to keep this site current, so please check back frequently for updates.
If you would like to provide an online donation to help us purchase any of the critical needs listed below, or help us provide assistance with utility payments, food, clothing, shelter and transportation, we accept electronic check and credit card donations. The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs administrative costs are appropriated so donors can be 100% certain their donations will go directly to Veteran patients . To contribute please:
- Click here
- Click “continue to form”
- Select Charleston-Ralph H. Johnson VA Medical Center and indicate “3333” – which is our General Fund.
Ralph H. Johnson
109 Bee Street
Charleston, SC 29401
**BE SURE TO INDICATE THAT THE SHIPMENT IS FROM YOU SO WE KNOW WHO TO THANK!**
If you prefer to drop off your donations, PLEASE GIVE US A CALL IN ADVANCE so we can meet you outside to collect them: (843) 789-7230.
WHAT WE CAN’T ACCEPT
We are so grateful for the outpouring of community support. However, there are some items we can't accept. These include (but are not necessarily limited to):
- Used clothing
- Used items (with the exception of books)
- Medical equipment (with the exception of N95 Masks and Gloves, as outlined below)
If you have any questions, PLEASE give us a call and we would be happy to address your concerns: (843) 789-7230.
While we recognize that homemade masks don’t provide the clinical protection level of protection needed for patient care and interaction, we will accept donations of hand-made masks to use in other areas. Please ensure that all hand-made masks tie in the back (please do not use elastic straps).
FOOD FOR HOSPITAL WORKERS
We are so grateful for your desire to help our front-line personnel. However, we have very specific guidelines in place specific to COVID-19 and food donations. Please give us a call to discuss donation opportunities: (843) 789-7230.
CRITICAL NEEDS LIST
PPE FOR THE HOSPITAL:
- Bleach Wipes
- Cleaning Supplies - Disinfectant Spray
- Face Shields
- Hand Sanitizer
- N95 Masks - Must be sealed (Note that we CANNOT accept KN95 masks as these are not NIOSHA certified)
- Nitrile Industrial-Grade Disposable Gloves - Sizes S, M, L, XL
- Nitrile Medical-Grade Disposable Gloves - Sizes S, M, L and XL
- Paper Gowns
- Paper Towels
- Plastic Resealable Bags - Quart and Gallon size
- Surgical Masks
HARDWARE TO FACILITATE INPATIENT-TO-FAMILY CONNECTION:
- iPads (or Web-Enabled Tablets) (Qty 30)
- Smart TVs (55” or larger) – Qty 3
- Webcams (Qty 3) (*Unzano HD Webcam 1080p with Microphone, Computer Web Camera USB Mac Laptop or Desktop Web Cam for Streaming, Video Calling and Recording, 360 Degree Rotatable)
- Smart Whiteboard (*Vibe Interactive 4K Touchscreen Collaboration Smart Whiteboard 55")
- Smart Whiteboard Stand (*Vibe Interactive Stand for 4K Touchscreen Collaboration Smart Whiteboard, White, 55")
NEEDS FOR VETERANS WHO HAVE BEEN IMPACTED SIGNIFICANTLY BY THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- Bath Towels
- Cleaning Supplies - Dish Soap
- Cleaning Supplies - Dishwasher Tablets
- Cleaning Supplies - Windex
- Denture Adhesive
- Gas Card - Gift Card - $10 Increment
- Gift Card - "Big Box" Store - $10 Increment Ex: Walmart, Target
- Low-Income CARTA Bus Passes (Can be purchased online: https://www.ridecarta.com/fares-passes)
- Men Shirts (Not T-shirts) - Size Medium
- Men's Shoes - Sizes 10-13
- Men's Shower Shoes
- Men’s Sweat Bottoms - Size 2XL and 3XL
- Pre-packaged snacks
- SAVANNAH 1-Day Bus Passes (Can be purchased online: pass.catchacat.org)
- Sweatpants - Sizes Small-XL
- Toilet Paper
- Women Pants or Sweats - Sizes S-2XL
- Women Short Sleeve Shirts - All sizes
- Women's Sports Bras - All sizes