Ralph H. Johnson VA Medical Center
About the Program
The Charleston VAMC pharmacy processes over 3,600 prescriptions daily. Prescriptions may be refilled by phone, online, or by mail.
Automated Refill Line
An automated refill line is available for all Charleston VAMC patients. To assist you when calling in your refill, have your prescription number and nine-digit social security number available prior to calling. Please call one of the following numbers —
- (843) 577-5011, press 15220 (Charleston area)
- 1-888-878-6884, press 1 (from outside the Charleston area)
- After you have dialed the number, wait for the automated attendant to answer.
- Enter your entire social security number, then press the # key. Wait for an answer.
- Press 2, then wait for an answer.
- Press 1, then wait for an answer.
- Enter the prescription number, then press the # key. Wait for an answer.
- To refill additional prescriptions, press 1 and repeat the process.
If you are using the automated refill line, all refills should be ordered at least 14 days prior to when the refill is due to insure prompt processing and delivery time.
Prescriptions may also be filled online using VA's My HealtheVet program. You will need a user id and password to log in. If you do not have one, you can easily get one by creating your personal profile.
Using this method allows you:
- Access to appointment information and prescription refill ordering information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Check the status of your refill orders
- View and track your entire prescription history online
To request your refill by mail, please sign and mail your refill slip to:
109 Bee Street
Charleston, SC 29401
If you do not have a refill slip, write your name, phone number, social security number and medication name on a piece of paper and mail to the address above. Please allow seven to 10 days to receive your refill using this method.
Refills at Charleston VAMC Pharmacy
All Veterans are encouraged to refill their prescriptions by phone or Internet. Because of our patient workload, prescriptions cannot be refilled at the Charleston VAMC pharmacy window. Please do not wait until you are out or almost out of medicine to order your refill.
Please visit My HealtheVet for information about any prescription you may be taking.
Outpatient Pharmacy Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday 8:45 a.m. - 5:15 p.m.
- 843-577-5011 Ext. 15220
- 888-878-6884 Ext. 1
Hours of Operation
- Mon-Fri 8:45am-5:15pm